Wednesday, August 15

This baby has already taken over my life

Untitled 
{Fabric "swatches"}

Untitled
{The method to control the madness}

So it seems I must always make things 1000% harder than they need to be. What do normal people do when they want to decorate their baby room? Go to the store and pick out bedding they like, then build around it. Or they buy all the coordinating crap at the store. What do I do? Come up with an idea I can't let go of that (and I quote....myself) "should be easy" and then drive myself mad trying to accomplish what is realistically a very hard idea. Awhile ago I came up with the idea of Orange Seeds nursery theme being various textures/patterns of orange and grey. Sounds simple, right? Wrong. I swear I've been to every fabric store in the state and couldn't find any modern prints. Also, I am a novice at pattern mixing. Probably not smart to attempt it on a large scale. Then I entered the vortex that is online fabric shopping. And I found way TOO much. If you follow me on Pinterest you're probably sick of seeing all my little fabric swatches being pinned. 69 different fabric swatches to choose from to be exact. I tried organizing them on my OneNote (which is an awesome program btw), but I just couldn't visualize it how I needed in order for my brain to accept it. I still felt overwhelmed. I've learned that for me, some things need to be done hands on. So I printed all the fabric swatches out and cut them into little squares. Then I wrote the online company on the back so I could make sure I wasn't buying just one piece of fabric from five different companies and paying five different shipping fees. Cuz that's just nonsense. Then I started taping the swatches I was sure of on paper under the correct category so I could begin to see how everything would come together. Then I roped my hubby into the madness. Lucky him. But he was super duper helpful. Mostly just reiterating what I thought and making decisions since I hate making decisions and this is like 20 different decisions all at once. Not good for my nerves. Anyway. The most frustrating part of this whole ordeal has been picking a fabric and being stoked about how it comes together with everything else and then finding out it is no longer available. Imagine me hitting my head against the table. BUT I am happy to say that by the end of the day today my fabric will (hopefully) be ordered and there will be no turning back. And then my poor mother will have about 10 different projects to sew when she comes to visit next week and I will have my sanity back. Until the next decision about the baby comes along. Most likely tomorrow.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment