Monday, August 13

Say goodbye to this balcony




{Skirt: N. Rack; Sandals: Ross (3 yrs ago); Hat: Target 2011; Tshirt: F21; Necklace: Thrifted}

Because the hubby and I are leaving Utah's cold winters for sunnier ones in LA!!!!!! Woo hoo!!! You see, that's where we met, fell in love, got married and it's only fitting that's where we'll have little Orange Seed. Utah was only meant to be a quick stint and we've been here for three years. For a girl who does not like the cold one teeny bit, it's been a bit rough. And my hubby is an amazing screen writer so LA is really where he needs to be. But that means a few crazy things will be going down before we get settled into routines of warm walks on the beach with our babe. 

First - Within a week of my family flying into town for my baby shower (you guys are awesome, btw) we're moving out of our apartment and into the hubby's dad's warehouse. Uh huh - you heard right. I lived in this nice little bedroom at the back of the office/warehouse for a year straight before marrying my hubby. After we were married he lived there with me for three months before deciding he couldn't take it anymore so we got an apartment. But this time it's only for a month, so we're hoping we can handle it.

Next - We've got to travel down and find an apt in LA. No easy feat, let me tell you. Especially since I know none of them will have a washer/dryer which means its to the laundry mat we go. And most likely it will look real nice and old on the outside. For some reason the 70s "modern" architecture was a big hit in Southern Cali. Oh the price of the sunshine tax.

Then - We move down exactly one month from my due date and hope for the entire 10 hour drive that I don't go into labor. (Don't worry, mom, I'll have mapped out hospitals about an hour from each other the whole way down, and I already have a stellar doctor & hospital secured for when we get there).

Finally - I become a crazy 8-months-pregnant decorating, nesting, painting and unpacking superwoman. Complete with DIY projects for the baby's room. Because I'm just that nuts. And my lucky hubby gets to help with it all. I'm sure he's already looking forward to all the mental breakdowns I'll be having. But I'm pretty certain the house needs to be perfect before we bring Orange Seed home. Otherwise it'll never get done and I'll feel like a failure as a mother. So Orange Seed and I are going to have a serious talk about all this so he doesn't get any crazy ideas to come earlier than I'm ready. And he'll listen because I'm his mama right? Good.

Seriously - wish us luck. And if you're in the LA area, I'd prepare your excuses now or else you might just get roped into all the craziness.

Pin It

4 comments:

  1. Sad news. :( I will miss meeting little Orange seed soon after you have him. But I rarely see you now. (sad too) And I completely understand. It makes so much sense for your goals and his amazing screen writing talent! I wish you both the best! I moved here 8 mos. prego and drove the whole way in our car from NC.while Daniel drove the other car. You can do it! All will be well.
    Hugs to you and see you soon at the shower! (you look hot btw)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! It feels like you're so far away, when really it's only 30 minutes :) I am SO happy to hear that you're coming to the shower, I can't wait to see you!

      Delete
  2. I want to help! Bring on the crazy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are the sweetest!! I may take you up on that :) But either way I'm making sure I see you stat when I get there!

      Delete