Sunday, August 5

The Nitty Gritty

I think I'd like to go on record by saying I don't intend this to be a style blog, baking blog, or anything else that could fit into a neat little category. Although, my OCD is having a hard time with that idea. I simply would like this blog to be a snapshot of my life that I can look back on, a little journal of sorts, if you will. Not the intimate details you'd include by starting off "Dear Diary," but since I'm so terribly inept at keeping a regular journal, this will have to do. Just a random record of life and {almost} everything it includes. I'd love to post outfits daily like some of the great geniuses of the blogosphere can do....but to be quite honest I am in sweats more often that not. At least when I'm home. And when I'm not at home most recently I've been wearing a slew of boyfriend tees and shorts, since that's about all that fits and sounds comfortable in this 100 degree heat Utah is bringing on. And that's not very inspiring to anyone, including me. But I also don't want this blog to turn into something that's not real. So I'm trying to shove down the feelings of inadequacy when I reach for the 5th straight tshirt to wear, and I'm making a personal goal not to NOT post something because it's not perfect, or you because you wouldn't see it in a magazine or on any of those famous amazing blogs. BTW - Let me also go on record by saying I LOVE those blogs. They are where I turn to for inspiration and I am usually pinning something from them every. single. day. And they're usually pretty real and whatnot too. I've also found that I tend NOT to follow blogs who are more focused on the real & sometimes hard details of life than they are on anything else. We all have our struggles and it's nice to know that we're not alone so a post of that nature is refreshing when it comes every once in awhile....but 9 times out of 10, I want an upbeat positive experience when I turn to my google reader, and not a reminder of the daily grind. Okay, enough rambling. Just thought I should put it out there that this is meant to be a blog of my life that tends to include fashion, outfits, baking, and anything else that tickles my fancy. Just so there are no false expectations. And just as I like to have optimism dashed with a sprinkle of the nitty gritty when I read other blogs...that's exactly what I'll try to do here too. And now an outfit, because I couldn't bear to leave you empty handed.

PS - Don't mind the naturally curly mane that I decided not to tame the other day when I wore this.




{Shoes, Necklace & Leggings: Target; Tank: F21, Cardigan: N Rack}


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment