Wednesday, February 8

Someday

Let's talk about the future shall we? In my head, the future is the best thing that's ever going to happen to me. The future is full of hope and promise and I'm willing to bet that's why everyone makes new year's goals Jan 1st. And the future really IS amazing. My future used to consist of getting married. Now I am and it's splendid. My future used to have a cute pup by my side and now I have one sleeping on my shoulder. My future still has so many things to come - having babies, finally graduating college, opening a bakery, starting up my non-profit, making it to my 50 year marriage anniversary (which reminds me, did you hear about this? So rad) and lots of other stuff. But typically the future is more of the same, but different - does that make any sense? I mean lots of things change and you change as a a person, but your life typically goes in the same direction and that's perfectly fine. But the point is - if you're only happy when you're THINKING about the future and not happy IN the present then you'll never actually be happy. Really this quote sums it up perfectly:
"Anyone who imagines that bliss is normal is going to waste a lot of time running around shouting that he's been robbed. The fact is that most putts don't drop, most beef is tough, most children grow up to just be people, most successful marriages require a high degree of mutual toleration, most jobs are more often dull than otherwise. Life is like an old time rail journey, delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders & jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride." - Gordon B. Hinckley
I'm gonna have to remind myself of that a bit more. Being a perfectionist and a blue, that's hard to do, but sometime in the future I'll get it down :). Well enough of the philosophical stuff, lets get on to what I intended to post - some of the stuff I want to have one day!

{the chicken coop}
fancy chicken coop

{the kiddos}
love this little boy outfit

That's adorable.

{the sign outside my bakery}
For my future bakery

{the shower}
rainfall shower.. amazing!!

{the movie room}
theatre room

{the cabin}
the cabin

{the secret slide}
Are you freaking kidding me? This is awesome!!

{the game room loft}
I'll take one attic just like this, please.

{the zoo}
oh my goodness. Baby giraffe LOVE! Another animal for my future zoo :)

{the closet}
W-O-W

{the driveway}
southern , Love this !!!!

{the halloween costume}
Family costume

{the hair}
Give me two years, and this WILL be my hair.

{the love}
So sweet.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment