Sunday, October 28

Gourmet Caramel Apples

{An excellent photobomb executed by the hubby}

Remember when Orange Seed tricked me into thinking he was coming too early? Well, I have been craving caramel apples ever since. And lucky for me, my dear friend Rachel happened to be going apple picking and agreed to help me caramelize them. Lemme tell you - this process took us about 4 hours but it was worth every second. These apples are to die for. I used this recipe for the caramel (it's seriously the most legit gourmet tasting caramel ever), this one for the toffee bits (suuuuper easy), and then I toasted a few almonds for good measure before mixing them in with the toffee. We double dipped the apples (letting them harden a bit in the fridge between dippings) but if I were to when I do this again next year I think I'll make it a day long event and quadruple dip the apples, leaving them in the fridge much longer to get a really thick coating. That being said, I've still devoured every one of the double dipped apples without batting an eye. Hubby helped dip a couple so I allowed him to help me eat a few too. I know, I am SUCH a good wife.








Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment