Monday, September 17

Gulp.

{What I'd give a kidney for right now}

Whelp - the week hiatus turned into three pretty dang quickly. Shame on me. It's been pretty crazy around here what with the baby shower, family in town, moving out of our apt and into a warehouse (you 'eard me), flying to LA to hunt for a place to call our little home out there, flying back the next day since my prego mind forgot my neck and body pillows and couldn't sleep, and then starting to work PT for the dad-in-law. Oh and going crazy trying to get everything done before this little guy comes and I cease to get anything done ever again. All of the commotion apparently was too much for my little prego body. Last week I started having some serious "stomach aches" that felt just like my gluten-intolerance acting up. I mean I DID go to Chuck-O-Rama and have a bazillion rolls even though I knew it was a big no-no. But when I went in for my check up last Friday and casually mentioned I'd been having stomach aches in my lower abdomen area, she informed me that my intestines were no longer in that location and I was actually having contractions. Come again? I'm pretty sure that can't be possible. So she checked me out and apparently it is. I'm this close to going into labor at any minute. Which meant my plans to go to the fair that night and gorge myself on caramel apples, fudge, cotton candy, funnel cake, etc etc. quickly went down the tubes. In fact - I can't walk around for more than 20 minutes at a time. So as soon as we got to the car I started laughing - I thought it was pretty funny that I didn't realize I was having contractions for an entire week. But then the tears came. How was I going to get everything done? I'm still not quite sure. But I DO know that I WILL not have this baby and bring him home to a warehouse. You hear that Orange Seed? Just wait two more weeks and we'll be out in CA. Even better, wait 3-4 and I'll have our new apt out there nice and pretty for you to destroy. Now isn't that a fair deal? I'd say so. And thus ends the blogging drought. I'll have lots of time now to post, so get ready to see some awesome pics of our warehouse home. And of course lots of nonsensical randomness. Because that stuff is my favorite.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment