Thursday, October 11

D-Day

Sooo, we went to the Doc today aannnnnnnnnnddddd.........

..................

...............he said I'm just about where I was at last week. (?!?!)

Despite the pained halfway sleepless night I had last night. Despite me not taking it easy anymore. Despite the pep talks. So tomorrow is looking a bit grim for d-day. But I am NOT giving up. I've got just over 24 hours to convince this baby that although it's nice and warm and cozy where he's at, I've got lots of blankets to keep him just as cozy. Oh, and since we're now in sunny Cali, there is little reason to get a chill. And I've decided to even offer him an extension. If tomorrow doesn't work for him, I've graciously decided to give him until Monday. That way our place will hopefully look a little less like a tornado hit it. Which is probably a good thing when you're trying to convince someone to leave their comfy little 9-month (and 5 star, might I add) hotel. And if nothing else works, maybe I'll start eating only veggies and cut him off from the mid-afternoon rocky road binges. That outta get him moving on out.

Until then, I've decided to finally post an Awkward & Awesome Thursday!

Awkward:

 - The general lack of my brain power. I used to have a memory that would rival even the fiercest of elephants. But lately it has been embarrassingly terrible. The hubby says it's even messing him up since he counts on me to remember everything. That part is actually kinda awesome.
 - The fun stuff that comes with the pregoness. If you've been prego, you know what I'm talking about. If not....I really don't want to scare you.
 - Wearing the hubby's tshirts. Every. Single. Day.
 - Walking. Anywhere.
 - The wimp I've become. I'm sorry - is that 5 pounds? No....that's too heavy for me.

Awesome:

 - Getting our microwave mounted above our sink. If you knew the story of the hubby and I trying to build shelves you would understand how great of an accomplishment this is.
 - The hubby. Not only does he not let me do a thing, he's been taking up the slack of my general ability to do anything. Dinner needs to be made? Done. Dishes put away? Done. Dogs taken out? Done. Building dressers & unpacking boxes? Done. I could go on, but I'm sure you're already gagging (or maybe swooning) at this point. Basically he's been an all out superhero to me these past few weeks. (See here and here for even more reasons he rocks).
 - The friends & family that have selfishly helped us move in/unpack/decorate/all-around support. It's been a tough go and I couldn't have done it without you guys. Seriously.
 - Van de Kamp's powdered donuts.
 - Getting excited to meet little Orange Seed and imagining just how amazing he's gonna be. I can already see him running on the beach with the pups. In fact, it makes me smile just thinking about it.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment