Tuesday, October 23

I've got a pumpkin problem

But it's totally not what you think. Unless you're thinking that I've baked no less than three pumpkin goodies (including these pumpkin cookies) in the last five days and have plans to bake two more before the week is over. Then - it's totally what you're thinking. This slight major obsession caught me completely off guard since I've never been able to look pumpkin pie in the face without gagging. But I'm pretty sure if it's more of a subtle pumpkin flavor instead of a BAM in your face type of deal, I'll be on it like white on rice. I'm going to take this one last opportunity to blame the unborn child that refuses to relinquish his control over my body. At this point I've decided that I'll be in this state indefinitely. But I digress. Back to the pumpkin problem that I'm not taking any responsibility for. Here are the recipes I've been baking and then promptly inhaling. I've tried to take my own pictures, but usually the item is in my mouth and being consumed so fast that the two seconds it takes to open the camera on my phone is two seconds too long.

IMG_4110picnik.jpeg
These are made with crescent rolls but you'd never know it. I made them in like 45 minutes flat which is awesome when you're a starving pregnant lady. Or just hate waiting for cinnamon roll dough to rise. I may be guilty of both.

 
 Okay, so I made this last year and it is TO. DIE. FOR. The only thing I'd do differently is add more pumpkin, since you can't really taste it, but holy moist cake. Oh and I added 8 oz of cream cheese to the frosting. 'Cuz I'm crazy like that.

 
I'm not a huge fan of Martha because of her unnecessarily overly complicated recipes but this one actually wasn't all that bad. I made these last night and they had potential. The cayenne pepper is a nice little surprise kick, but you couldn't really taste the chocolate part of the brownie. She has you divide the batter in half, but next time I think I'll do mostly chocolate and just a little pumpkin swirl on top. Also, 9" pan my butt - I had to divide the batter between two nine inch pans and next time I think I'll just put it all in a 9x13 or the like. Oooh and also, I didn't have nuts. But I think that would be an excellent little addition. Maybe the hazelnuts she suggests or pecans.

Trying these tomorrow as soon as I find the bag of pumpkin spice kisses I bought. But my mouth is already salivating....so that means they must be good. 

And just in case you haven't had enough pumpkin yet, these recipes are next on the docket:

 
These had me at salted caramel. Who are we kidding? They had me at pumpkin.

 
So of course I found this on pinterest (where else?) and another pinner wrote that she used this recipe, but only put in three bananas and added 1 cup of pumpkin.

 
I desperately wanted to make these last year but failed to do so. This year will not be as lucky.

 
 Need I say anything? The picture says it all. Especially the cream cheese. That sucker really knows how to speak to me.

 pumpkin-cake-assembly
Does anyone need a giant cake shaped like a pumpkin? What am I saying - who doesnt?!

 DSC_0456
Pumpkin, gingersnap and cheesecake all in one dessert? Oh please stop.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment