Wednesday, July 18

{Fully} Loaded S'mores Cookies

S'more S'mores
So the hubby tends to all the smelly scouts at our church. In fact - he is the head smelly scout (aka the Scout Master). It's really quite perfect for him because if you knew my hubby you'd know he's pretty much a 12 yr old boy himself. Well, every so often I  decide to bake up a little something for said smelly boys, and on this particular occasion I decided something s'mores was in order. But I couldn't find what I deemed to be a perfect s'mores cookie. This one, this one and this one came close.....but when I asked the hubby whether I should do one of those or the concoction pictured above he chose my version. And I'm pretty happy he did, because these turned out pretty rad. And they were super easy. Hoorah! Anyway, I went with this recipe as a base which is apparently the best chocolate chip cookie ever. Well - let me tell you. I made a few normal choc chip cookies before adding in all the s'mores stuff and it came pretty close to being the best ever. The texture is right on and they ARE super chewy, but I'm thinking to use the browned butter technique I've tried before from here to make it truly the perfect choc chip cookie. I'll keep you posted on that one. But for now, without further ado, the s'mores cookie recipe!

{Fully} Loaded S'mores Cookies:

Base recipe for cookies c/o  Apple A Day & topping idea c/o Intimate Weddings

Ingredients: 
3/4 c. unsalted butter, softened (if your cookies typically come out flat like mine because of the altitude, use 1/2 c. butter flavored shortening, and 1/4 c. unsalted butter)
3/4 c. brown sugar 
1/4 c. granulated sugar 
1 egg 
2 tsp. vanilla extract 
2 c. flour 
2 tsp. cornstarch (the secret ingredient to make the cookies super chewy & awesome)
1 tsp. baking soda 
1/2 tsp. salt 
1 c. chocolate chips (I use milk chocolate)
3/4 c. Mallow Bits (aka Itty Bitty Marshmallows)
3/4 c. broken up pieces of graham crackers
Mini Marshmallows
Hershey's chocolate squares, cut into half of the pre-scored cube size

Directions:
1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

2.  In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream together butter and sugars until fluffy. Add egg and vanilla and blend in.

3.  Mix in flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt. Stir in chocolate chips, graham cracker pieces & mallow bits.

4.  Drop dough onto a prepared baking sheet by tablespoons or by using a cookie scoop.  Bake for 5-6 minutes, then put two pieces of Hershey's chocolate & two mini marshmallows on top of the cookie, pushing in a bit. Bake for an additional 3-4 minutes. 

5.  Let cool on the sheet for five minutes.  Remove from baking sheet and let cool completely on a wire rack.


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment