Tuesday, June 19

The most awesomest weekend ever

I'm not gonna lie - our weekend was pretty rad. And we deserved it because lately our weekends have consisted of spring cleaning and the like. I was actually a good little blogger and took pictures but don't get used to it, I'm notorious for forgetting to snap a few shots here and there which is ironic because I used to be that girl who carried a camera in her purse and took a million pictures where ever she went. I blame the existence of the iphone, because it takes good, but not amazing pictures and I always want the latter so I sometimes refuse to use it, but then I also refuse to carry some archaic camera around in my purse. It seems we're at an impass, the camera world and I. But I digress. Without any further ado - the much spoken about and only "good" iphone instagram pics:

#picstitch
Friday we went on an awesome date to watch Back to the Future outside at a local ski resort. FYI: Watching a classic 80s flick in the mountains = awesome. If you're anywhere near Snowbird - check it out, they're doing 80s/90s movies all summer long, but make sure to bundle up...we had to rummage around in my car for a spare blanket to keep from becoming popsicles. We may have loaded up on snacks and as a result we may have felt a wee bit sick later, but it was worth it! The sad face is because the hubby MADE me eat an entire protein bar before gorging myself on pizza/crazy bread/chips/candy. The nerve, I tell you.

#picstitch#picstitch
Saturday was a bit more grueling. The morning was spent registering for baby stuff at both my favorite and least favorite stores (Target being the former and Babies R Us being the latter). We still had to do our weekly grocery shopping run so we decided to take a break from life and run over to the gulley, which is this awesome little oasis park that no one seems to know about. We climbed down to this little stream and the hubby and pups splashed around while Baxter and I stayed out of the icy waters on the shore. Oh yes - and Baxter is the super adorable mini poodle we dog sat for the weekend. He liked me more than the hubby making him pretty much the best dog ever.

Untitled
Sunday for lunch we made these a-mahzing bagel sandwiches that we've determined will be a Sunday lunch tradition. Just to make sure you're drooling - it's a toasted bagel with cream cheese, provolone cheese, feta cheese, (we like our cheeses apparently), avocado, cucumbers and romaine lettuce. The hubby also included roasted turkey and tomato slices for good measure. 

Untitled
Then we headed over to my father-in-laws to make him a Fathers Day Feast. Just in case you  need to drool some more we made a true Sicilian meal c/o Giada. Included was Halibut Spiedini (we used the Tuna recipe but substituted in halibut the hubby, his dad & brothers caught in Alaska last year), a Mediterranean Salad with the almost impossible to find Israeli Couscous, and my favorite part - the Italian Lemonade. I also attempted to make these cookies for dessert, but when a recipe calls for the juice of one lemon it should specify that it should be a small, not a large, lemon because my frosting turned into a glaze. I was out of powdered sugar so there wasn't much I could do and I ended up just drizzling it on top which worked, but they weren't amazing. I need a do-over with plenty of powdered sugar on hand to make the real deal. 

I also got the chance to call my own pops for Fathers Day, and it's always so great to talk to him. He taught me so much growing up and I am so lucky to call him my dad. I'll always be a daddy's girl and love that man to pieces.
Pin It

2 comments: