Wednesday, April 11

Glutenholics Anonymous

Hi, my name is Laura and I have an addiction to gluten. It's been four days since I've last eaten anything glutenlicious. After my binge last week I definitely felt the effects all weekend that caused me to miss Easter Sunday church AND dinner! My cute mother-in-law had even made an elaborate gluten-free AND vegetarian meal that I had to skip out on due to the tweaked back and gluten sickness. I still feel so bad about that (sorry Kathy!) Anyway, the hubby is now putting me on a strict no-gluten diet until I learn to balance it a little more. Needless to say I've been going through withdrawals and as popular as gluten-free is getting, we're still a rare enough breed to make it a wee bit difficult. So the hubby and I made a gluten free pizza crust last night and tried to replicate CPK's California Club pizza, which is SO good. The crust was only so-so but the toppings made up for it. I'd like to think it was a success. Now let's see how long I can last before relapsing again. Wish me luck, I'll need it.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment