Thursday, May 31

There is good

{Image c/o this article....mentioned later in my post}

Sometimes I get  bit weighed down and downright sick of dealing with angry, bitter, cynical people. I've started thinking that there is little good left because those who are angry tend to be louder than those who are happy and just plain nice. It seems that everyone is dealing with something difficult and because of that they seem to have no pity or compassion for someone else going through their own something difficult. It seems to me lately that everyone thinks that their case is the worst and that no one else should complain or be upset. I see teenagers and adults alike thinking that the world owes them something, acting entitled in every way, and that because they haven't been handed an easy pass they're going to take it by any means necessary. People are suing others left and right for things that are unethical, or perhaps are just but do not need to be turned into a bigger deal. I see an attitude of less forgiveness and more "you owe me." It just seems that everyone, everywhere is angry about something and it seems like the mentality is common to think that everyone is idiots. I see this especially when people talk about politics. No matter who is in office, there is always a long list of what they're doing wrong, how corrupt they are and how the person giving the opinion could easily do their job ten times better. And dealing with all of this, on almost a daily basis, whether it be because of school, the news (which I hate to read/listen to because of all this), or just driving down the road and dealing with road rage, has started turning me into the angry, bitter, cynical person too. Well, I know it's a rough world out there and there is a reason everyone is turning so angry, but this little article showcasing 40 of the most powerful photos every taken that my friend shared on FB really reminded me that there is good out there. There is SO much good. And I am going to choose from here on out to give people the benefit of the doubt. I am going to choose to not be so affected (effected?) by their judgmental stares, by their middle fingers raised in protest of how I changed lanes, or by their own venomous opinions on how everyone is doing everything wrong. It's going to be hard, but I am going to start worrying more about my life and my family than what others think of me or what they think about the world. And I am going to choose to be happy, nonjudgmental and optimistic instead of the three former adjectives that are of lesser value. Warning: the photos in the article will most likely make you cry...I basically bawled like a baby.
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Well said Laura! I agree wholeheartedly! Some of those pictures tore me apart though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! Some were so heartwrenching!

    ReplyDelete