Friday, March 26

My Breif Blog Hiatus.

SOOOO, long story short: I took a break from blogging - not by choice - but because I was sorely disappointed in the 2010 Oscars Dresses. Typically every year there is at least one dress I would die to have. This year - not so much. SO I kept putting off blogging because I thought it was lame to have a fashion blog and not write about the Oscars. And NOW it's been 3 weeks and I decided to just suck it up and post a few dresses I thought were almost super-amazing & perfect. And then a few examples of what IS super-amazing and perfect from Oscar years gone past. As it turns out, the two dresses I chose to be the best of the bunch from 2010 are on two girls whose dresses I typically LOVE. Cameron Diaz in Oscar de la Renta (My favorite designer) & Penelope Cruz in Donna Karen Haute Couture.

They both come SO close to being SO great...but for some reason, they just don't do it for me. Now HERE are a few dresses that do:

Heidi Klum in Versace. WOW.The massive bun in her hair is a bit much - but that d-r-e-s-s!!! It is beyond words. Wow, wow, wow.

Marisa Tomei in Versace. I've decided that when it comes to evening gowns, Versace does AMAZING work. Look at all that detailing! The hundreds of pleats! It is just so beautiful.

Cameron Diaz in Valentino. I can't really explain why I love this dress - Maybe its the odd cut neckline/sleeves. Maybe it's the mini train. Maybe it's Cameron Diaz being a brunette. Maybe it's the Emerald earrings for an accent. But for some reason I love this dress.

Cameron Diaz - again. I couldn't help it!! This time she's in Dior and despite what other people have said about this dress I think it is so great. And you can't see it from this picture, but her clutch is crocodile or snake skin. Seriously, Cameron is amazing at finding the perfect accent pieces. LOVE it.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment